With the new year comes new years’ resolutions. People get excited and plan to take on new challenges and goals. Unfortunately for most people, these resolutions are just wishful thinking. But we’re entrepreneurs and small business owners, right? We have no choice but to set and achieve goals and get shit done no matter what. After all, our livelihood and the well being of our loved ones depends on it.
So how do we ensure that 2015 is the most profitable, kick ass year ever? I don’t know about you, but I personally never have enough time to accomplish my goals. And if I take an honest look at my character defects, I must admit that I kind of suck at managing my time. Hence I’m looking into ways to hack time management, to free up more time so I can get MORE shit done.
Today, I came across the below presentation on SlideShare entitled “25 Time Management Hacks to Kickstart the New Year” by Etienne Garbugli. Mr. Garbugli is a Senior UX Researcher, Innovation Consultant, author, and entrepreneur who really knows his stuff. After checking out his SlideShare presentation below, I’d recommend visiting his website at http://www.etiennegarbugli.com and following him on Twitter.
25 Time Management Hacks to Kickstart the New Year
from Etienne Garbugli @egarbugli
My main takeaways from this presentation are the following:
- Eliminate the fear of failure-the faster you fail, the faster you accomplish your goals.
- Don’t fret over getting your product/service/business perfect prior to launch. Perfection doesn’t exist anyway. Take imperfect action, learn from your mistakes, and reap the rewards!
- Tackle your most important tasks at the beginning of the day when you’ve got the most energy and mental clarity.
- Eliminate outside distractions.
- The concept of “timeboxing”-allocate a set amount of time for every task and stick to it. This way, you train yourself to focus on the task at hand and accomplish tasks more efficiently.
- Surround yourself with productive and positive people! Such a simple concept, but for me, I’ve surrounded myself with negative people that don’t support my entrepreneurial endeavors, which really increases self doubt and decreases self confidence.
So what are some of your time management strategies for 2015? Let me know in the comments section below!
Also, if you’ve been reading my recent posts, you know that I’ve been stressing the importance of blogging to both generate leads and build your personal brand. If you don’t yet have a blog, I’d be happy to set one up for you. Just shoot me an email at email@example.com and I’ll take care of you 🙂
As always, thanks for reading, and enjoy the moment!
Photo Credit: Alan Cleaver